Monday, September 24, 2012

Allenby Tce

For our art/design block this term we're doing spacial design. It's a really great paper and I'm loving it. We've all been given locations around Wellington to map and write about and inhabit and eventually do some sort of instillation/intervention in our site.

So my site is Allenby Terrace, which is a skinny staircase that leads down off of The Terrace, by Vic Uni. It's straight out of Point Break.

Anyway, this morning I did an intervention. My plan was to try and encourage people away from my site by handing out flyers.

They looked like this (click to enlarge... I think):


Unfortunately, I think the overall satire was too successful (the use of comic sans alone is too cutting. Type jokes. Love 'em) as people were generally skeptical of my flyers intentions.

I kept an eye on the site for half an hour. Most people would stop and look, but it was only a couple people who actually look a flyer.

Amazingly, noone took me up on my offer to not walk down Allenby Tce. Unless they did after I left, which in that case, awesome.

In the end, I think I am just too hilarious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

IM A BOX THAT WILL EAT YOUR WORDS!!! DONT TYPE IN ME!